Re: Joining Daymet Tiles with NCL

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 19:02:58 MDT

Hi Ping.

Your problem may be in the plot and not the merged data file. Note that on
my web page I say: "Streaking may occur if any of the missing 2-D coordinates
are within the map boundaries". If you made that plot with NCL, then you
are probably getting severe streaking from the missing 12 tiles in the
southwest corner.

An easy check would to be to reduce the map limits in your plotting script,
and only plot rectangular areas that are completely covered by Daymet tiles
with data.

If this is not the problem, then you may need to check very carefully for
unexpected gaps in the 2-D coordinates, or similar problems. You may have
also found another bug in the join script. You are only the second person
to ever try it. ;-)

But please first try plotting some map subsets. If you can localize where
the problem is in the merged data by this method, that would help the
diagnosis.

--Dave