Re: About Rotated EOF patterns of NCEP reanalysis 500mb monthly data

From: Waqar Younas <vickyqau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2012 - 15:00:31 MST

Hi Phillips
The data i used is NCEP/NCAP reanalysis of 500mb monthly geopotential
height from 1950-2000.
I got my results correct. The only confusion remaining is when i calculate
only 2 rotational components the results are not exact, but when i
calculate the 10 rotational components and plot only 2, the results are
more like NAO (first component) and PNA (second component). Please find
attached figure when i calculate 10 components and plot first 2 components.
The other figure (when i calculate only 2 components and plot them) is
attached in the first message above. I do not know why there is such
difference?

Thanks.