the default 'outline' text option in ncl graphics

From: Xiuzhen Ren <xiuzhenren_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2012 - 00:01:09 MST

Dear NCL users,

I got the request from the publisher to provide alternate NCL graphics that
all the texts in the NCL graphics are not 'outlined'.

The publisher needs to edit some texts from my NCL graphics, but cannot do
so because the text are 'outlined', so it is not editable.

Here is the detailed description of the problem from the publisher:

*I am preparing your electronic figures for processing by our department.

It appears that your figures contain outlines text. By outlined I mean
at some point you may have chosen an 'outline' text option which
converts all text from editable lettering to outlined vector images
thus making them uneditable. It is also possible the program you used
to generate the figures with outlined the text automatically, when
saving to PDF you should be able to select that the text remain in an
editable state. You could also try eps, ai or postscript (ps.) format.

If possible we usually like a version where the text can be edited so
we can make our required changes. You can check this by going into the
drawing package you used to create the figures and if you have a
version that you can re-type the text in when you click on it then
that is what we are after. If you click on the text and it comes up
surrounded by anchor points and you can't type anything then this
means the text has been outlined.*

*
*

Best regards,