Re: plotting ship wind vectors onto a multi-panel map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2012 - 18:37:41 MST

The only way to "panel" plots that contain wmxxxx calls is to draw them individually using vpXXXX resources to resize them and place them on the page.

It sounds like you've already found the example that shows how to do this, and I'll mention it here for other folks.

Please see weather_sym_5.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/weather_sym.shtml

Each plot is sized using the same size:

  mpres@vpWidthF = 0.42
  mpres@vpHeightF = 0.42

and then each plot is positioned using different values for vpXF and vpYF, which specifies the position (in NDC coordinates, 0 to 1) of the upper left corner of your plot:

  mpres@vpXF = 0.06
  mpres@vpYF = 0.94

We've added a ticket for this to hopefully get something in for V6.2.0.

--Mary