Re: Unwrapped cubed-sphere in NCL?

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 16:22:06 MST

Hi Steve,
No we do not currently have a way to draw the cubed-sphere as a set of cube faces. Not to say it can't be done. I expect the first requirement would be a way to separate out the coordinates and data values of each cube face. I am not sure whether typical cubed-sphere data sets have the metadata required to make this easy. I know an intent of the 'gridspec' project was to provide the metadata to clarify the connectivity of the faces.
  -dave