Re: ncl_filedump crontab make error

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 21 2012 - 14:32:58 MST

Ahmed,

It's most likely a problem where you haven't set your NCARG_ROOT
environmental variable by the time you call this command in the crontab. If
you can source your default resource file for your user account or work a

setenv NCARG_ROOT /path/to/ncarg/

line into this same crontab entry, I would think that things should work
better. If your resource file (for csh/tcsh, it's often .cshrc/.tcshrc)
sources the PATH as well, you can simplify the command used to call
ncl_filedump as well.

In general, it's easier if you write a shell script to encapsulate all
these commands, even if it is just 2-3 lines.

Hope that helps...

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Room 1421 Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu