Re: gsn_csm_pres_hgt_streamline is not working

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 03 2013 - 14:25:33 MST

Yong Sun,

Can you also provide your script? If the vectors are not showing up, then you may want to check that the coordinate arrays, if any, are in the same data space as your contours.

I generally recommend that people not use scripts that do multiple things, like gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map or gsn_csm_pres_hgt_streamline.
This is because it's harder to control the individual contour and streamline plots.

Instead, I recommend using "gsn_csm_contour_map" to create a contour/map plot, "gsn_csm_streamline" to create a streamline plot, and then "overlay" to overlay the streamline plot on the contour/map plot.

Please see example "overlay_1.ncl" at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml

This actually creates a contour/map plot and a contour plot, but you can easily substitute a streamline plot for the contour plot.

You can also look at overlay_6.ncl on the same page. This is more complicated because there are contours, vectors, *and* streamlines being created.

--Mary