Re: Time Series for a specific Latitude

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2013 - 13:24:54 MST

Taylor,

Okay, this gives us a much better idea of what you want. Let's assume
that you already have an NCL script to make the globally averaged
temperature vs. time plot. It sounds like you want a zonal average
east-west to the limits of the basin, at the specified latitude and
depth, as a time series.

If that is the case, then you simply take the existing script, and
constrain the input data to be read using coordinate subscripting.
You can probably just use the same averaging function that was used to
make the global averages. You need to manually determine the east and
west limits of the Atlantic basin at the specified latitude and depth;
consult an ocean map or Google Earth or something.

You can read about coordinate subscripting here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclVariables.shtml#CoordinateSubscripts

If you need further advice, please post a copy of the global averaging
and plot script that you are using, and a printVarSummary of your
input data variable.

--Dave
(Reply to list only!)