Re: pie chart over a map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 22:38:40 MST

Hi Zheng,

We don't have a specific example of what you're asking for, but I would suggest looking at the pie chart examples at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/pie_chart.shtml

These pie charts are created using calls to gsn_add_polygon to create the wedges.
I believe you could take this "pie_chart" function, which is in $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl
and adapt it to draw the pies over a map, instead of drawing a single pie chart in an XY plot, which this one is doing.

Good luck,

--Mary