Re: why is the edge in raster fill plot so blurred?

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2013 - 20:44:04 MST

Hi Xin,

I'm glad it works for you! The newer graphics subsystem employs
antialiasing techniques in its rendering, which for raster formats, is
usually A Good Thing, but not so much for formats like postscript. In
any case, we've seen several cases, postscript or otherwise, where it
would be useful to turn the antialiasing off; a new resource in an
upcoming release, no doubt.

We've occasionally seen visual artifacts arise out of certain viewers,
which is why I asked; I'm not familiar with PS_View, but it sounds
like its doing exactly what its supposed to and is not an issue.

Thanks by the way for your nice succinct example script!

Rick