why is the edge in raster fill plot so blurred?

From: Xin Xie <xiexinyls_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 03 2013 - 14:39:00 MST

Hi, I am plotting some "raster filled" 2D plot. After I generate the "ps"
file and zoom in and closely look at the edge of the boxes. I found that it
is so blurred and not sharp, not reaching the demand of image quality by
journals. I wonder if there is a way to have sharp edge. Thanks a lot!
I give some sample code to reproduce the blurred edge.

Xin

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl"

begin

nx = 5
ny = 5
data = new( (/ny, nx/), float)

do i = 0, nx-1
   do j = 0, ny-1
      data(j,i) = rand()
   end do
end do

wks = gsn_open_wks( "ps", "./test") ;plotdir+"/"+varname)

res_ct = True

;set resources for graphics
res_ct@cnFillOn = True
res_ct@cnLinesOn = False
res_ct@cnFillMode = "RasterFill"

res_ct@lbOrientation = "vertical"

res_ct@gsnSpreadColors = True

plot = gsn_csm_contour( wks, data, res_ct)
end