Re: Regriddin DAYMET data (generated using contributed NCL script) into WRF Grid

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 15:35:02 MST

All,

Daymet files are relatively ordinary Netcdf files with curvilinear
grids, two-dimensional geographic coordinates, and partial areas with
all missing values. They conform to standard CF conventions for 2-D
coordinates and most other metadada. This is true for original Daymet
"tiles" as well as merged files made by the Daymet join script.

Just treat these files the same way as many other data sets with 2-D
coordinates to be found across various NCL examples.

I do not have enough experience with regridding to make comparisons
between the various NCL regridding methods.

Kamal, the script that Mary drafted looks fine to me. The same goes
for examples 2 and 3 on the NCL Daymet applications page. They all
use the same ESMF regridding function, so they should be equivalent.
Also, I suspect that NCL has other regridding functions that work well
with 2-D coordinates. So please study the regridding applications
page if you would like more alternatives.

--Dave