Re: EOF and correlation

From: Will Hobbs <Will.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 20 2013 - 21:09:57 MDT

Partha

I am not entirely clear from your post what it is that you're trying to
do, but I *think* you want to correlate the time-varying amplitude of each
EOF with SST in time and space.

If that is the case, then the EOF amplitude (more correctly the time
varying eigenvalue of each EOF) can be calculated using the eofunc_ts()
function
(http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/eofunc_ts.shtml),
which is then easy to correlate with SST using 'escorc()'

Will