Re: WRF_lc_5.ncl contributed script gives incorrect masking result

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 09:15:55 MDT

Hi Kamal,

I believe the issue is that the data for this particular example had missing values in it. Your data does not, so that's why there's no masking of land.

You can read the LANDMASK variable and your file and apply it to sst before plotting:

  nt = 0
  sst = f->SST(nt,:,:) ; (Time, south_north, west_east )
  landmask = f->LANDMASK(nt,:,:)
  sst = mask(sst,landmask,1)

No need to set sst@_FillValue. It will be set by the "mask" function.

--Mary