switching spline interpolation for Hovmoeller?

From: Kristina Fröhlich <kristina_froehlich_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 09:26:24 MDT

Hello, is there a possibility to switch off the interpolation in a Hovmoeller plot? Since I catted together several forecasts I cause jumps in the timeseries and NCL is complaining about the spline approximation (at least for the model data): warning:_NhlCreateSplineCoordApprox: Attempt to create spline approximation for Y axis failed: consider adjusting trYTensionF value warning:IrTransInitialize: error creating spline approximation for trYCoordPoints; defaulting to linear I tried to change the tension value but without any effect. However, I would prefer not to have any spline in order not to fake a smooth transition where there is no one (see attached figure). But I found no example how to do this... Any ideas around? Thanks in advance, Kristina