Re: interpolate rotated grid to rectangulat

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 22 2013 - 12:47:48 MDT

Alex,

The ESMF_regrid routines do not write the regridded output to a file.

The Rectilinear.nc and WRF_SCRIP.nc files that you see are intermediate files that ESMF needs to create in order to generate the weights files, which are HIRHAM_to_Rect.nc and WRF_to_Rect.nc.

If you want to write the regridded variables to a file, you will need to do this yourself. See the attached script, which writes a file called "example.nc".

For more information about writing data to a NetCDF file, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/o-netcdf.shtml

--Mary