Monthly Data

From: Nkese Mc Shine <Nkese.McShine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 19 2013 - 09:38:00 MDT

Dear all,

I have monthly data from 1946 to 2006 and I would like to perform a correlation with a seasonal precipitation and a specific month of the year of sst anomalies data in the form sst(lat,lon,time). However I am getting problems. I have read the examples but they do not deal with monthly data. I know I have do a do loop through the time dimension to only pick out the say February month.

nyear =dimsizes(time)
ssta_feb = new((/:,:,nyear/), float)

do n="02" ; Feb
ssta_feb = ssta(:,:, time+"n")
end do

or

do n=0, nyear-1
  time_feb(n) = ind(time.eq.tine(n)+"02")
end do

then
ssta_feb = ssta(:,:,time_feb)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Nkese.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged information. Any duplication, copying, distribution, dissemination, transmission, disclosure or use in any manner of this email (including any attachments) without the authorisation of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email (including any attachments) in error, please notify the sender and delete this email (including any attachments) from your system. Thank you.