Re: Polar Map Mask

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 25 2013 - 13:22:36 MDT

Hi Jessica,
I could be wrong, but I think that gsn_csm_map_polar is designed to work only with the center of the plot at the north or south pole.
However you should be able to create a stereographic projection that does not include the poles and have grid lines as well as labels if you are willing to have rectangular boundaries.
You will need to play with the resources: mpGridAndLimbOn, mpGridSpacingF (or alternatively mpGridLatSpacingF and mpGridLonSpacingF). For tick marks and labels set
pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "always".

If you are still having trouble send us the code as you have it, and also if possible a picture or other indicator of the area you are trying to focus on.
 -dave