Re: Request

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 15:51:04 MDT

Hello,
I think you are close. You are currently reading in each file and
plotting each separately. I think you need to save each plot and use the
overlay procedure to overlay them onto the first set of plots. Try this:

wks = gsn_open_wks ("ps",pname)
color1 = (/"blue","steelblue1","royalblue4"/) ; set these to whatever you would like
color2 = (/"red","sienna1","firebrick"/) ; http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/named_colors.shtml

plot1 = new(nfili,graphic)
plot2 = plot

do nf=0,nfili-1
     f = addfile (diri+fili(nf),"r")
     t = f->temperature(0,:,0,0)
     s = f->salinity(0,:,0,0)
     sfx = get_file_suffix(fili(nf),0)
     pname = sfx@fBase

     res@xyLineColor = color1(nf)
     plot1(nf) = gsn_csm_xy (wks,t,t&pressure,res) ; create plot

     res@xyLineColor = color2(nf)
     plot2(nf) = gsn_csm_xy (wks,s,s&pressure,res) ; create plot

     if (nf.ne.0) then
        overlay(plot1(0),plot1(nf))
        overlay(plot2(0),plot2(nf))
     end if
     delete([/t,s/])
end do
resP@txString = fili(nf)
gsn_panel(wks,(/plot1(0),plot2(0)/),(/2,1/),resP)

(untested)
If that does not help, or if you have further questions, please respond
to ncl-talk.
Adam