Re: [ncl-install] ncl with gcc 4.7

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 31 2013 - 16:15:39 MDT

In the future, please only post these kind of questions to ncl-install, and not both ncl-talk and ncl-install.

If you are getting a "command not found" this is because your PATH was not set up correctly. I don't think it is a gcc issue.

Make sure $NCARG_ROOT/bin is on your search path, where $NCARG_ROOT is the root location of where you installed NCL.

When you print out your PATH environment variable:

   env | grep PATH

it won't show "$NCARG_ROOT/bin" literally on the path, but rather, it will expand it out to whatever you set NCARG_ROOT to.

Review these instructions for information about NCARG_ROOT and PATH:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT

--Mary