Re: Error Message

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 31 2013 - 16:08:31 MDT

When you get an error message in NCL, you can check our FAQ "error messages" section to see if it is mentioned there.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#err_msgs_002

You need to set your DISPLAY environment variable if you want the output to go to an X11 window. Usually a system can figure this out for you.

If you are logging into a system remotely using something like:

 ssh systemname

Then you can usually get the remote system to set the DISPLAY for you by typing:

ssh -X systemname

or

ssh -Y systemname

--Mary