Re: hdf multy file plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 24 2013 - 08:36:04 MDT

Hi Hesham,

Nice to hear from you!

There are a couple of things going on with this error message. First, some internal memory is being exhausted. You can see some information about this on our FAQ:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#err_msgs_011

...you need to bump up your workspace size. First, retrieve the default "workspace id", and then set the "wsMaximumSize" resource to a value larger than 100000000, the default value. To do this, add the following code right after you create a workstation with gsn_open_wks:

  setvalues NhlGetWorkspaceObjectId()
    "wsMaximumSize" : 300000000
  end setvalues

You can permanently bump up the workspace size by setting this resource in your ~/.hluresfile:

*wsMaximumSize : 300000000

You may also need to play with the 300000000 value. This is just a first guess.

Since you are drawing a contour plot from a somewhat large array, you might instead try switching to raster contouring by setting the resource:

    res@cnFillMode = "RasterFill"

As for the other error about irregular coordinate arrays, the error is saying that your sfYArray array (the one associated with latitude) is non-monotonic. For coordinate arrays, this is required.

>From the output you sent:

            YDim_mod08: [89.5..-89.5]
            XDim_mod08: [-179.5..179.5]

it looks like the latitudes go from 89.5 to -89.5, which is okay. You can determine if this array is monotonic with:

  print(isMonotonic(x&YDim_mod08)

If it is non-monotonic, then could you provide us with the data file so we can take a look?

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary