how to draw vector fields with the unstructured grid data

From: <zhuxm_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jul 07 2013 - 14:06:26 MDT

 Hi,
  I want to plot vector fields with unstructured grid data from FVCOM output by NCL, which both u and v variables are only one-dimension like u(nele),v(nele). But all the vector functions (gsn_vector_*) in ncl need two dimensional u and v, such as u(:,:),v(:,:). How should I do for my unstructured grid data? Do I have to interpolate them to regular grid?

Thanks.

Xueming