Re: average by county level

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 19 2013 - 20:41:54 MDT

Hi Chao,

Sorry this took so long.

Please see example shapefiles_13.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml#ex13

This example uses dummy data that is represented by 1D data arrays. It can be modified to handle curvilinear or unstructured grids as well.

I used the "USA_adm2.shp" shapefile downloaded from http://www.gadm.oarg/country/. This shapefile contains outlines for all counties in the U.S.

--Mary