Re: Running time error: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 03 2013 - 11:39:34 MDT

Yu Cheng,

What's likely happening is that your environment is different when running NCL directly on your machine versus running NCL through a job submission.

Also, OSX 10.6.8 and 10.8.4 are very different versions. If you are trying to run an OSX 10.6 binary on an OSX 10.8 system, it doesn't surprise me that you are getting errors.

One guess is that you have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set in your system when you login, and it's getting "libSystem.B.dylib" from a location other than /usr/lib. To verify this, what does the following report:

otool -L `which ncl` | grep System

Also, what does the following report:

env | grep DYLD

If you are setting this environment variable when running interactively, then you may also need to set it when running through job submissions.

--Mary