Re: reading remss binary data in ncl

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 19 2013 - 06:48:24 MDT

Hi Samir,

In answer to your second question, there are the functions
charactertoint()/charactertointeger() which seem to do what ICHAR()
does.

I'm not familiar with SSMI data, but a quick look over the data format
suggests that 'ubyte' would indeed be the right type. I don't think
you'd need something like ichar in this case, unless you needed your
variable wind to be explicitly 4-byte integer, in which case:

    tmp = fbinread(....)
    wind = toint(tmp)

Hope that helps...
Rick