Re: overlay vector over vector

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 08:45:55 MDT

Dorita,

If both sets of vectors are in the same coordinate space, then you can use the "overlay" procedure.

You didn't say whether these were vectors that are over a map, or just vectors. If they are just vectors, then you simply create both plots and call "overlay":

vector1= gsn_csm_vector(wks,u1,v1,res1)
vector2= gsn_csm_vector(wks,u2,v2,res2)

overlay(vector1,vector2) ; vector2 is now part of vector1

draw(vector1) ; this will draw both vector1 and vector2
frame(wks)

If these are vectors over a map, then only one set of vectors can be over a map, and it must be the plot that gets overlaid on:

vector1= gsn_csm_vector_map(wks,u1,v1,res1) ; vectors over a map
vector2= gsn_csm_vector(wks,u2,v2,res2) ; vectors only
overlay(vector1,vector2) ; vector2 is now part of vector1

draw(vector1) ; this will draw both vector1 and vector2
frame(wks)

For more examples, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml

--Mary