write_table function error

From: Â¥êØ <524712476_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 08:08:33 MDT

hello,
 I'm trying to use 'write_table' function to write variables to a file, but i always get errors like this:

 fatal:syntax error: line 23 in file writetable.ncl before or near \n
 write_table("list.txt", "w", hlist, "%s")
------------------------------------------^
 fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 24 in file writetable.ncl before or near \n
 write_table("list.txt", "a", alist, "%d,%16.2f,%s,%d,%ld")
-----------------------------------------------------------^
 fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 25 in file writetable.ncl before or near \n
 write_table("list.txt", "a", flist, "%s ")
 fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 27 in file writetable.ncl

 These errors appers after i tested the 'Example1' in
 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/write_table.shtml
 can you help me figure the problem out?
 thanks!