Re: Writing multiple variables of data to an ASCII file

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 18 2013 - 08:53:17 MST

Hi Brian,

You didn't say what kind of problem you were having, but I recommend not using asciiwrite if you want to write a mix of data. I recommend "write_table":

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/write_table.shtml

Please see our "output ASCII" examples page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/o-ascii.shtml

In particular, look at examples write_asc_2.ncl and write_asc_4.ncl, which use "write_table".

--Mary