removing variability greater than 1 year

From: Erika Folova <e.folova_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 05 2013 - 03:28:25 MST

I am experimenting to remove the variability greater than 1 year in my
daily dataset. For that, I did a high-pass filter as follow:

   * nwt = 251*
    fca = 1./365.
    ihp = 1
    nsigma = 1.
    wgt = filwgts_lanczos (nwt, ihp, fca, -999., nsigma)

however, I still do not get a good result from the filter, any suggestion
of how many number of weights that's normally used to remove variability
greater than 1 year in daily dataset? if you have experiences in signal
process please kindly share it.

Thanks
Erika