Re: removing variability greater than 1 year

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 07 2013 - 13:12:55 MST

Not sure how you are judging a "good result"

Attached are 2 png files.
They low and high pass response functions for differing weights
with 'fca=1.0/365.0'

You coulalso experiment with an fft ([1] detrend. [2] taper pior
to using the FFT [ezfftf ... then set all coefficients .le. 1/365
to 0.0 ... then use ezfftb

This has problems [eg: Gobbs phenonema and sidelobes]

See: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/filter.shtml