Re: cite the dimetion with special characters

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 11:15:40 MST

[1] Not sure why you are using named dimensions when reading
     in the variable. Howecer, the following may work

landusef =
fin->LANDUSEF(Time|:,$"z-dimensions0024"$|:,south_north|:,west_east|:)

[2] If you want to decimate the array, try

  landusef = fin->LANDUSEF(:,:,:,::2)
  printVarSummary( landusef )

Please read the Mini-Language Manual at:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/