Re: lspoly failed

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 26 2013 - 11:49:40 MST

lspoly does do a poor job. Not sure why. For only a 2nd order
polynomial, the approach used by lspoly should be fine.

I tried a simple scaling of x and y (*0.1). See the attached file.
It worked fine. Hence, there must have been a numric
issu. Again, not sure why.

I also compared the result to a simple linear regression.
There is essentially no difference in the lines.
See print values.

see attached