Re: Plotting Contours on Contours

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 03 2013 - 11:07:30 MST

Hi Ioannis,
You cannot use a *_map* plotting function to create the 2nd plotting
object going into overlay. If a map is desired it should be the first
object passed into overlay.

A simple example:
res = True
res@gsnDraw = False
res@gsnFrame = False
res@mpMinLatF = 30.
plot1 = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,data,res)

res2 = True
res2@gsnDraw = False
res2@gsnFrame = False
res2@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
res2@cnLevels = (/95.,99./)
plot2 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,sigdata,res2)
overlay(plot1,plot2)
draw(plot1)
frame(wks)

Hope that helps..