Re: how to control the legend in the xyplot

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 27 2013 - 10:43:42 MST

Hi Ziqiang,
NCL's legend resources are not set up to automatically do what you need
in this case. However, see example #6 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/unique.shtml#ex6
Specifically, starting with this text near the bottom of the example:

; Set general legend resources.

You need to call gsn_legend_ndc 4 times, each time drawing one line/label.

Note that when doing this that you *will not* set any legend (lg) or
pmLegend resources in your plot resource list.
Hope that helps.. If you have any further questions please respond to
ncl-talk.
Adam