Re: Regrid CRU,GPCP and GPCC to WRF

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 23 2013 - 12:57:59 MST

I am not an expert on this topic, but most of our staff is out for the holidays this week.
For 1) I suggest looking at the ESMF regridding examples at http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml.
Examples 5,16,20,29 all regrid WRF data. although most are regridding from WRF grids to some other grid, example 29
in particular shows how to regrid both to and from the WRF grid.

2) Once you have the data on the same grid you should be able to simply subtract one dataset from the other to get a difference field.
You could get a RMS difference using dim_rmsd_n or dim_rmsd_n_Wrap.
 -dave