adding polymarkers to hdf4sds_5.ncl?

From: <lsmith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jan 15 2014 - 16:03:14 MST

Hi gang,
I'm running the awesome program hdf4sds_5.ncl
(see http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/hdf4sds_5.ncl)
and I want to add some polymarkers at the end via gsn_polymarker.
For some reason it only plots successfully if I add the polymarkers to
the first plot, called "plot".
Unfortunately, this doesn't work because the successive overlays
overwrite the polymarkers and you can't see them.
If I add the polymarkers to one of the other plots, "plot2", "plot3",
or "plot4" they seem to be placed totally randomly on the page.
I've been working on this awhile and finally decided to give up and
ask the experts.
So, any suggestions out there?
Thanks a lot!
-Lesley