NCL version for Windows/Cygwin AND dim_spi_n error message

From: Andrea Allan <aallan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 17:23:46 MST

Hello,

I am running NCL installed through Cygwin on my Windows machine. The
current version I have is 6.1.0-beta, which appears the be the newest
version for Cygwin despite the fact that 6.1.2 is available for other
platforms.

As a result, when I try to run "dim_spi_n" on gridded data with missing
values, I receive the error message "Error in gamfitd - empty data array".
 I read in a previous post from 2012 that this was to be fixed in NCL
version 6.1.0, which I assume is newer than my 6.1.0-beta version.

Are my above assumptions correct? If so, is there a way around this error?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea