Re: Taylor diagram - about "ratio", "Standardized Deviations (Normalized)"

From: ²ÜÄþ <caoning1525_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 04:57:12 MST

Thanks, Dennis

 But,
 On the same page, http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml
  Look example 1:
      In its script, i do not find lines that process ratio (ratio of the
standardized variances) to Standardized Deviations. The YAxis is set in
taylor_diagram.ncl , so figure 1 use "Standardized Deviations
(Normalized)" as YAxis.

Other examples also like this.

thanks
Ning

2014/1/7 Dennis Shea <shea@ucar.edu>

> Yes.
>
> =====
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml
>
> Example 7 shows a sample processing script. This is for the
> climate model but if you go to the section starting with
>
> if (vClass.eq."scalar") then
> :
> else
> :
> end if
>
> :
>
> ratio(nc,nv) = (wvar_test/wvar_cntl)^0.5
>

> On 1/6/14, 12:07 AM, ²ÜÄþ wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I am doing Taylor diagram and come up with hopefully a simple problem
>> about RATIO.
>>
>> The definition is:
>> ratio: Case_Variance/Reference_Variance
>> * RATIO:* ratio of the standardized variances
>>
>> when i use *taylor_diagram.ncl*<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/
>> Scripts/taylor_diagram.ncl>
>>
>> ,
>> i noticed that:
>>
>> rxy@tiYAxisString = "Standardized Deviations (Normalized)"
>>

>> I calculate RATIO using the ratio of spatial variance between Case and
>> Reference.
>> Is that mean YAxis = sqrt(RATIO) ? I am puzzled with that.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ning

Sincerely,
Ning Cao
School of Earth and Space Sciences
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, Anhui, 230026
P.R.China
Tel£º+86 551 63607953