Re: data size issue

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 09 2014 - 10:28:45 MST

Hi Sanjiv,

What do you mean by "it breaks down"? Do you actually get an error message, or does the script take a long time to run?

Also, when you say "large data volume", do you mean you have a few really large variables, or several variables that take up more than 2 GB?

It would help if we could see a script that illustrates the problem, and if we had an idea of the size of your variables (you can get this by using printVarSummary on your variables).

If you are not sure where it is "breaking down", then you can try commenting out the "begin" and "end" statements in your main code (if any), and then running the script with:

  ncl -x your_script.ncl

The "-x" will cause every line to be echoed as it is executed.

--Mary