Re: Undefined reference when building software

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 13 2014 - 14:49:26 MST

Hi Paco,

It looks like either NCAR Graphics was not successfully built on your system (if you installed it from source code), or else your Fortran compiler is not looking for that underscore that is normally appended to Fortran routine names when compiled with a GNU compiler.

To verify which issue it might be, please type the following and email me the output:

  nm /usr/local/ncarg-4.4.2/lib/libncarg.a | grep -i arinam

Also, for the record, I don't think you want this on your compile line:

-L/usr/local/ncarg-4.4.2/ncarg2d/src/libncarg_gks

This is a path that is pointing down into the NCAR Graphics source tree, which should not be required.
All of the NCAR Graphics libraries, including "libncarg_gks.a" should be installed to $NCARG_ROOT/lib,
which looks like it is "/usr/local/ncarg-4.4.2/lib" on your system.

--Mary