Re: YR Label does show with vp settings

From: Xin Xi <xxi_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 15:30:22 MST

Thanks, Mary! I was also able to tune the vpXF/YF to make the YR show up.

I notice that this method only works for gsn_csm_xy2. It does not work for
the method of using gsn_csm_xy (for bar) and gsn_add_annotation (for
curves), which is the way to go if multiple curves are overlaid to a bar
plot. Plus, modifying vp setting in that case will change the fontheight of
labels/axis.
Xin

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi Xin,
>
> The key here is to simply set vpHeightF and vpWidthF to the appropriate
> ratio that you want, but make vpWidthF small enough so that your plot
> completely fits in the frame.
> Then, also set gsnMaximize to True so that your plot will be maximized for
> the frame, but it will still keep the ratio.
>
> Since you want a ratio of 0.8 to 0.3, then what you can do is try
> something smaller for the width, and use the ratio to calculate the height:
>
> ratio = 0.3/0.8
> res@vpWidth = 0.7
> res@vpHeightF = ratio * res@vpWidth
>
> If it's still too big, then keep making vpWidthF smaller.
>
> --Mary
>
> On Jan 21, 2014, at 1:47 PM, Xin Xi <xxi@gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > While I set vpWidthF = 0.8 and vpHeightF = 0.3 to make the plot look
> nicer, the YR labels and title wont show. How do I avoid this? (see
> pictures)
> >
> > I tried gsn_csm_xy2, and gsn_csm_xy with gsn_add_annotation. Both have
> the same error.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Xin

> > ncl-talk mailing list
> > List instructions, subscriber options, unsubscribe:

*Xin XiSchool of Earth and Atmospheric SciencesGeorgia Institute of
Technology311 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332-0340*