Re: YR Label does show with vp settings

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 15:15:04 MST

Hi Xin,

The key here is to simply set vpHeightF and vpWidthF to the appropriate ratio that you want, but make vpWidthF small enough so that your plot completely fits in the frame.
Then, also set gsnMaximize to True so that your plot will be maximized for the frame, but it will still keep the ratio.

Since you want a ratio of 0.8 to 0.3, then what you can do is try something smaller for the width, and use the ratio to calculate the height:

   ratio = 0.3/0.8
   res@vpWidth = 0.7
   res@vpHeightF = ratio * res@vpWidth

If it's still too big, then keep making vpWidthF smaller.

--Mary