Web-based NCL seminars coming soon

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2014 - 15:50:31 MST

The NCL team is interested in offering a set of web-based seminars (webinars) on various topics.

We would love to get your input on what topics you'd like to see covered. These webinars can be attended live, and we will archive them so you can view them later.

To provide your input, fill out the 11-question survey at:

  https://survey.ucar.edu/s?s=9705

The first webinar is tentatively scheduled for February 13. This is your chance to let us know what topics we might consider for the first one!

These seminars will potentially cover a whole range of topics, and will address both beginner and advanced users.

Sample topics might be:

  - How to make my NCL code more efficient

  - How do I install NCL

  - How to add annotations to an NCL graphic

  - How to regrid unstructured data to a rectilinear grid

  - How to visualize WRF data using gsn_csm_xxxx scripts

  - How to analyze CMIP5 data

  - How to effectively run NCL scripts on NCAR's supercomputers

We will send another email to ncl-talk once we know when and what the first NCL webinar will be.