Re: How many NCL users are there?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2014 - 07:52:51 MST

Cathy,

We don't really have an accurate way to count single users. We can count downloads of the software, but once NCL is downloaded, we don't track who is using it.

We have just over 2100 users on this email list. Since we started tracking download metrics in 2005, we've had over 20,000 unique registered users. Again, though, many of these users could be downloading NCL and never using it, or some could be downloading it for a university or research center with multiple users.

--Mary