Problem in creating a new LabelBar

From: Abhik Santra <abhiksantra_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2014 - 03:57:51 MST

Dear NCL-user,

I need to create a new labelbar with 4 manually placed panel plots in NCL 6.1.2.
So, I am using a function "createLabelBar" after the plots, but before framing as follows:

lbres = True
lbres@lbOrientation = "Horizontal"

lb = createLabelBar(wks,plot,lbres)

undef("createLabelBar")
function createLabelBar(wks: graphic, plot:graphic, lbres:logical)
begin

   getvalues plot@contour
      "cnFillColors" : fill_colors
      "cnLevels" : lbstrings
   end getvalues
   lbres@lbFillColors = fill_colors
   lbid = gsn_create_labelbar(wks,dimsizes(lbstrings)+1,lbstrings,lbres)

  return(lbid)
end

It gives warning & error from "getvalues plot@contour":
   warning:Attempt to reference attribute (contour) which is undefined

However, print( NhlClassName(plot) )shows "contourPlotClass".
How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Abhik

Abhik Santra
CSIR Research Fellow,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Pune - 411008.
India