Re: Comparison between station data and WRF

From: Tabish Ansari <tabishumaransari_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 10 2014 - 01:21:14 MST

Just a piece of advice, instead of reading wrfout files using NCL , better
make use of the TSLIST (Time-series list) feature of wrf. There you can
name a station and its lat/lon and get many parameters written in a
separate text file for it. You don't even need to read wrfout file.

For details, please read the TSLIST readme file in the WRF/run directory.

On 10 February 2014 01:02, Ivanna Mo <newivanna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there are any functions in NCL that helps doing the
> model evaluation of WRF by comparing with the station data. I would like to
> match the model data with the observation data and store them into
> model-observation pairs and then calculate the correlation coefficient and
> average value of them.
>
> Thank you very much

Thanks & Regards
Tabish Umar Ansari
MS Research Scholar
Environmental & Water Resources Engineering Division
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Madras