ESMF regridding question

From: Elizabeth Cassano <ecassano_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 12 2014 - 10:15:06 MST

Hello,

I have some data that were regridded using the ESMF regridding function in NCL. The original data have large areas of zero values, but no missing data. However the regridded data have missing values. These are spatially coherent and overlap with where the data are zero in the original data (though a smaller area). Is this an expected result for this regridding process, that the ESMF regridding function would produce a missing value in areas where the original data are zero? I am new to this regridding method so any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thank you,

Liz