RE: [ncl-talk] ERROR message: input in flex scanner failed

From: Emma Andersson <emma.andersson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 26 2014 - 02:04:27 MST

Hi Mary,

truly an odd timing. But I did not run several scripts at the same time, I only ran one script reading multiple files processed the data and saved it to a new file. I am using NCL version 6.1.2. I printed several statements throughout the script and it came all the way to the end where I printed "DONE". The data I wrote to a file also, by a first glance, looked ok.

The question is where does the message come from? Is it a function or does it come from a lower level of coding? Do you use any of the functions that I use? Or do you create and write to files?

I did a search for the message without NCL and I found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flex_lexical_analyser

I'm not sure it will help in any shape or form, because I am not a programmer. But as far as I understand it this Flex tries to convert a sequence of characters to a sequence of tokens. Since NCL is based on both Fortran and C and Flex is a lexical analyzer for C/C++ it might have something to do with that.

Cheers,
Emma