Re: Detailed map of Ireland

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 27 2014 - 06:25:22 MST

Hi Ciara,

Check out the shapefiles examples at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

Example #13 in particular is probably most applicable to what you are
wanting to do. Shapefiles for Ireland can be found at:

   http://www.gadm.org

Shapefiles from GADM come in several levels, with the "0" level being
the national boundaries, level "1" the next administrative unit down
(eg., states in the US), and so on (level 2 is counties in the US).

Hope that helps...
Rick